By Mark Hong,Amy V R Lugg,Amy Lugg
With Asia, — in particular China and India, — best international strength intake, Asian power traits are actually of world curiosity, with deep implications for the realm financial system and geopolitics. realizing the problems frequently require real-life case scenarios.
This two-volume compilation offers the major themes on Asia's power tendencies and advancements that have been awarded on the Institute of Southeast Asian stories in Singapore as a part of its power sequence Programme. quite a lot of themes is roofed, from nanotechnology, fresh strength, hydropower, renewable strength and nuclear strength to bilateral kin, power safety and effort potency — all with the unifying strength subject matter within the context of Asia. the character of the problems is obviously illustrated within the case studies.
The chapters are authored by means of foreign specialists and innovators of their respective fields, from academia, govt and personal sectors, supplying their views at the strength debate in Asia.
This compilation will give you the reader with insights into the final tendencies and advancements that experience formed and proceed to steer strength coverage, financial technique and geopolitics in Asia. The case reports provide an extremely necessary reference aspect for specialists and an figuring out of the advanced concerns for laypersons.
- Volume 1:
- Climate swap: an international factor (Tan Yong Soon)
- Grooming fresh power as a Key progress zone for Singapore (Goh Chee Kiong)
- Nanoenergy in Singapore (Hiranmayee Vedam)
- Innovation with strength and effort with Innovation (Geoffrey C Nicholson)
- Hydropower in Southeast Asia (Erik Knive)
- Philippine reports with Grid-Connected Renewable strength energy platforms (N A Orcullo, Jr)
- The Liquefied normal fuel (LNG) company: From Evolution to Revolution (Steve Puckett and Tony Regan)
- Developing Renewable power and Carbon Abatement tasks in Asia (William I Y Byun)
- Power improvement Plan and standing of Nuclear strength Plant (NPP) improvement in Indonesia (Djoko Prasetijo)
- Korean Nuclear energy know-how (Hae Ryong Hwang and Shin Whan Kim)
- Malaysian views making plans and issues of Regard to Nuclear strength (Shahidan Radiman)
- The Asian improvement Bank's nearby views, rules and matters relating to Nuclear power and Sustainable improvement in Southeast Asia (Anthony J Jude)
- Birthing an ASEAN Nuclear power Cooperation Regime: Drivers, prestige and method ahead (Francisco G Delfin Jr)
- Should ASEAN pass Nuclear? (Lee Yoong Yoong)
- Myanmar and the Nuclear alternative (Thaung Tun)
- Volume 2:
- The good judgment of strength coverage: The Case of Upstream Oil, fuel, Coal and Downstream Oil Sectors in Southeast Asia (Ridwan D Rusli)
- East Asia's power demanding situations: common strength Cooperation and the query of pageant (Christopher Len)
- Contemporary Japanese–Russian power Cooperation: difficulties, present advancements and views (Svetlana Vassiliouk)
- Energy-Related coverage concerns by way of Japan–China kinfolk (Yuji Morita)
- India's Pipelines: Paradox, difficulties and probabilities (Marie Lall)
- The Caucasus: clash, Instability and Fossil strength Export path (Hooman Piemani)
- Kazakh gasoline coverage within the important Asian area: difficulties and customers (Zhanibek Saurbek)
- The idea of reliable Arab gasoline international relations: local power safety during the Arab fuel Pipeline (Mary E Stonaker)
Readership: Students, researchers and most people who're to appreciate a variety of strength concerns and numerous features of sustainable energy.
Read or Download Asia's Energy Trends and Developments:(In 2 Volumes)Volume 1: Innovations and Alternative Energy SuppliesVolume 2: Case Studies in Cooperation, Competition ... from Central, Northeast and South Asia PDF
Similar regional planning books
Because the formal elevating of the Iron Curtain, there was a lot curiosity in post-socialism and the method of post-socialist transition. This well timed booklet offers a scientific evaluation and research of the method of ‘transition’. Herrschel:explores fresh theories, innovations and debates on post-socialism and the proposal of transitionprovides a scientific, topical account of post-socialist transitions all over the world, as facts through social, monetary, and political processesexamines case experiences of post-socialist transition in east and imperative Europe, the previous Soviet Union, Asia and South-East Asia, and Africa and Latin Americabrings jointly theoretical and useful facets through reading what classes should be discovered from fresh reviews.
Business tourism offers possibilities, either when it comes to source of revenue and as a device of administration, for person enterprises who open their doorways - and for this reason their neighborhood areas - to the general public. yet how can those possibilities be organised in a manner that permits either town and the company to make the most?
The U.S. has one of many biggest and most costly flood keep watch over platforms on the planet, even supposing just a small percentage of its land lies in floodplains. Rivers via layout lines the emergence of the huge U. S. flood administration approach, that's overseen through the government yet carried out at the side of kingdom governments and native contractors and levee districts.
Within the quickly increasing public house debate of the previous few years, a habitual subject matter is the ’loss of publicness’ of up to date city public areas. This publication takes up the problem to discover an goal method to end up or disprove this phenomenon. through taking the reader via a scientific and multi-disciplinary literature overview it asks the deceptively uncomplicated query: ’What is publicness?
- Philosophy and Geography II: The Production of Public Space
- Urban Plots, Organizing Cities
- Explorations in Urban Design: An Urban Design Research Primer
- Suburban Land Conversion in the United States: An Economic and Governmental Process (RFF Urban and Regional Economics Set)
- The Deliberative Practitioner: Encouraging Participatory Planning Processes (MIT Press)
Additional info for Asia's Energy Trends and Developments:(In 2 Volumes)Volume 1: Innovations and Alternative Energy SuppliesVolume 2: Case Studies in Cooperation, Competition ... from Central, Northeast and South Asia
Asia's Energy Trends and Developments:(In 2 Volumes)Volume 1: Innovations and Alternative Energy SuppliesVolume 2: Case Studies in Cooperation, Competition ... from Central, Northeast and South Asia by Mark Hong,Amy V R Lugg,Amy Lugg