By Jennifer Jefferis
This ebook presents a close and accomplished examine the first gamers, acts, motivations, and techniques of the military of God of their quest to make abortion unlawful within the United States.
• comprises interviews, decisions from the military of God handbook, essays and books through individuals, net postings, and written correspondence
• offers a chronology of assaults claimed by way of or attributed to the military of God opposed to abortion providers
• Examines the reaction by means of the political and legislations enforcement group to the military of God
Read or Download Armed for Life: The Army of God and Anti-Abortion Terror in the United States (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar violence in society books
The photographs from Abu Ghraib legal in Baghdad were a grim reminder of warfare's undiminished skill for brutality and indiscriminate extra. What occurred in Abu Ghraib has occurred ahead of: the realm struggle II, and more moderen wars and insurgencies in Algeria, Congo, Angola, Vietnam, Bosnia, Kosovo, Chechnya, and so on, all endure witness to the ubiquitous human potential to dedicate barbaric acts if conditions permit.
Intimate companion violence is now known as a significant human rights abuse and more and more as an enormous public illness with critical effects for women’s actual, psychological and sexual wellbeing and fitness. hence, a accomplished figuring out of intimate companion violence is a vital element of good-quality social paintings perform.
Learning Charles Tilly (1929–2008), American sociologist, historian and political scientist, is vital for figuring out political swap and social clash. His study specializes in how grassroots populations, via various different types of collective motion, impact historic occasions by way of attempting to increase the stipulations of people's lives.
Clash and trauma stay one of the such a lot customary subject matters in movie and literature. Comics hasn't ever shunned such narratives, and comics artists are writing them in ways in which are either various from and complementary to literature and picture. In Comics, Trauma, and the recent artwork of battle, Harriet E. H. Earle brings jointly specified parts of research�trauma reports and comics studies�to supply a brand new interpretation of a long-standing topic.
- Working with Violence: A Contemporary Psychoanalytic Approach (Basic Texts in Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- The War Machines: Young Men and Violence in Sierra Leone and Liberia (Cultures and practice of violence series)
- Victims, Crime and Society: An Introduction
- Eternity Street: Violence and Justice in Frontier Los Angeles
- Critical Issues on Violence Against Women: International Perspectives and Promising Strategies (Global Issues in Crime and Justice)
- Understanding Conflict and Change in a Multicultural World
Additional resources for Armed for Life: The Army of God and Anti-Abortion Terror in the United States (Praeger Security International)
Armed for Life: The Army of God and Anti-Abortion Terror in the United States (Praeger Security International) by Jennifer Jefferis